Kernel Truncation method limitations

Queries about input and output files, running specific calculations, etc.


Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Post Reply
Message
Author
oliver_conquest
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:05 am

Kernel Truncation method limitations

#1 Post by oliver_conquest » Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:22 am

Dear VASP,

Not sure this is the right place to ask, I have a couple of questions with regards to the Kernel Truncation method paper (Phys. Rev. B 112, 045409) and the limitation of the method.
1. In Figure 4 of Phys. Rev. B 112, 045409 was the unit cell used to calculate MoS2/MoS2(+1) or a NxNx1 super cell? Also confirming for MoS2(+1) a whole valence electron is removed?
2. For large electron doping of a 2D system like MoS2 is it possible there might be some charge spillage into the vacuum region? I have attached a calculation (GaSe_KT) I performed for GaSe which has -0.25e/f.u. electron doping with the Kernel Truncation method. I find charge spillage/accumulation at the boundary edges of the cell which is in the vacuum region this can be observed in the averaged xy local potential and the charge density. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to avoid this charge spillage (e.g. reduce vacuum size) or is it unavoidable for such large doping?

Many thanks for your help!
Kind regards,
Oliver

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Reply