Bug reports for low scaling full self-consistent GW calculations

Problems running VASP: crashes, internal errors, "wrong" results.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

zwxiao7

Bug reports for low scaling full self-consistent GW calculations

#1 Post by zwxiao7 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:25 am

Dear Merzuk Kaltak,

Something wrong when I send you emails. In case of you haven't receive my email, I post it here.

The problem I meet (Just the same as I have said in my letters):
"As you have said in the VASP wiki web site “the output of the GWR is similar to partially self-consistent GW calculations, with the difference that KS-energies are replaced by the QP energies from previous iteration”, but when I use this method to calculate the band gap or band edges of CsSnCl3 (Pm-3m), I found the KS-energies are not replaced by the QP energies during the all iterations. I got the information of the KS-energies and QP energies from the OUTCAR file. So, there maybe two problems evolved, firstly, the OUTPUT messages are wrong, it doesn’t OUTPUT the correct messages; secondly, the iterations are wrong, it doesn't use the renormalized QP energy to iterate the G. Although I have repeated this action several times, in case of it is an operational problem, I have attached my INCAR and OUTCAR files."

Thank you for your suggestions about the vertex corrections in GW calculations.

Best,
Yongcheng.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

merzuk.kaltak
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bug reports for low scaling full self-consistent GW calculations

#2 Post by merzuk.kaltak » Wed May 15, 2024 8:10 am

Dear Yongcheng,

I think your problem is resolved by switching from ALGO=GWR to ALGO=EVGW0R.
The former solves the Dyson equation for G and W, while EVGW0R does only a pole-shift of G.