/usr/bin/ld, cannot find -lsvml

Questions regarding the compilation of VASP on various platforms: hardware, compilers and libraries, etc.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

lqzhang

#1 Post by lqzhang » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:10 am

Dear administer:

When compiling vasp4.6 parallel edition on opteron machine using pgf90 compiler, mkl and scalapack, I got following error message:

rm -f vasp
pgf90 -o vasp -lsvml main.o base.o mpi.o smart_allocate.o xml.o constant.o jacobi.o main_mpi.o scala.o asa.o lattice.o poscar.o ini.o setex.o radial.o pseudo.o mgrid.o mkpoints.o wave.o wave_mpi.o symmetry.o symlib.o lattlib.o random.o nonl.o nonlr.o dfast.o choleski2.o mix.o charge.o xcgrad.o xcspin.o potex1.o potex2.o metagga.o constrmag.o pot.o cl_shift.o force.o dos.o elf.o tet.o hamil.o steep.o chain.o dyna.o relativistic.o LDApU.o sphpro.o paw.o us.o ebs.o wavpre.o wavpre_noio.o broyden.o dynbr.o rmm-diis.o reader.o writer.o tutor.o xml_writer.o brent.o stufak.o fileio.o opergrid.o stepver.o dipol.o xclib.o chgloc.o subrot.o optreal.o davidson.o edtest.o electron.o shm.o pardens.o paircorrection.o optics.o constr_cell_relax.o stm.o finite_diff.o elpol.o setlocalpp.o aedens.o fftmpi.o fftmpi_map.o fft3dlib.o -L../vasp.4.lib -ldmy ../vasp.4.lib/linpack_double.o ../vasp.4.lib/lapack_double.o -lmkl_p4 -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsvml
make: *** [vasp] Error 2

I think it tried to get the file svml. But there is no such kind of file on computer but libsvml.a and libsvml.so files in intel compiler directory. I already set the path as default. I really could not solve the problem. Any kind of suggestion is welcomed.
Last edited by lqzhang on Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Administrator
Administrator
License Nr.: 458

#2 Post by admin » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:45 am

please search for the libsvml.{a,so} library file (typically in the lib path of the compiler
Last edited by admin on Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Post by admin » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:53 am

please use Portland compiler libraries if you compile with pgf90. Check if the libs you link were compiled with pgf90 of ifort. The libsvml.{a,so} library file typically is in the lib path of the intel compiler.
Last edited by admin on Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

lqzhang

#4 Post by lqzhang » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:07 am

I compiled those codes on super computers. The only source for blas is in mkl. that is why i used intel library although I used pgf90 compiler, because i could not use mpif90 compiler.
Last edited by lqzhang on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

lqzhang

#5 Post by lqzhang » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:47 am

In fact, on the super computer, I could find out libsvml.a and libsvml.so files in the intel-compiler lib directory. and the path to the intel-compiler was added to the default route. then how to check if the present libs were compiled with pgf90 of ifort. if they are, then how to solve the present problem? Thanks a lot.
Last edited by lqzhang on Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by admin » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:26 am

If they are in the intel lib directory, they are probably installed with ifort. In case of doubt ask the sys admin of your supercomputer. They should provide all necessary information on that (maybe you can even find it on the web page of the computing center)
Last edited by admin on Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.