VASP cannot be calculated for surfaces containing Cs elements

Question on input files/tags, interpreting output, etc.

Please check whether the answer to your question is given in the VASP online manual or has been discussed in this forum previously!

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

yu_meng

VASP cannot be calculated for surfaces containing Cs elements

#1 Post by yu_meng » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:31 am

Official and fellow users, hello.
Recently, when I used VASP to calculate the system containing Cs, I found that VASP could not calculate normally when calculating the surface system containing Cs elements, and always terminated the calculation improperly, and vasp.out file reported the following errors. "{ 0, 2}: On entry to PZSTEIN parameter number 4 had an illegal value { 0, 3}: On entry to PZSTEIN parameter number 4 had an illegal value".
vasp.err file reported this errors "malloc(): unsorted double linked list corrupted
malloc(): unsorted double linked list corrupted
corrupted double-linked list
malloc(): unsorted double linked list corrupted".
In addtion, my calculation task input and error report files are attached.
I would like to ask you whether you have encountered this problem, and hope to guide how to solve it. Very anxious, thank you very much for your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andreas.singraber
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: VASP cannot be calculated for surfaces containing Cs elements

#2 Post by andreas.singraber » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:25 am

Hello!

I tried your test cases with the latest VASP version (6.4.3) and did receive comparable errors. Fortunately, we recently had a similar report on the forum and the issues were resolved with a new POTCAR file for Cs. Please have a look at this topic and download the new POTCAR from the this post. This file is also part of our latest release of potpaw_PBE collection. After updating the POTCAR file I did not experience any more issues with your three test cases.

By the way, please note that you have some typos in your INCAR files:

Code: Select all

ADDFRID   =>  ADDGRID  (case3)
AMIX MAG  =>  AMIX_MAG (case2, case3)
BMIX MAG  =>  BMIX_MAG (case2, case3)
Best,
Andreas Singraber