Inconsistency in band structure and PDOS

Questions will be moved to this forum when we consider them out of scope for support from our side: for instance when we do not have the necessary expertise to come up with an answer.
Another user still might, though!

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

akankshaashok_sangolkar

Inconsistency in band structure and PDOS

#1 Post by akankshaashok_sangolkar » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:11 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,
Greetings!
I am facing few issues related to the band structures and density of states. I am working on TMDCs monolayers. In their doped moieties, new bands are seen in their band structures, whereas they are not visible in their PDOS plots. Also, for few other doped monolayers, the newer bands are appearing in their band structures and PDOS, but, the Fermi energy shows inconsistency. Band structure reveals band gap. while density is appearing in the PDOS plot. I would be thankful for any of your kind suggestions to solve this issue. Thank you in advance.

fabien_tran1
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Inconsistency in band structure and PDOS

#2 Post by fabien_tran1 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:55 am

Hi,

It is difficult to help you without knowing more details on how you proceeded. What did you set in INCAR? Did you have a look at all PDOSs? Did you correctly identify the Fermi energy? Also, if the atoms positions are relaxed during the SCF calculation, then one should not forget to copy CONTCAR to POSCAR before calculating the DOS, as explained here: DOSCAR.