vasp_gpu compile error

questions related to VASP with GPU support (vasp.5.4.1, version released in Feb 2016)

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

xiaowan_bai

vasp_gpu compile error

#1 Post by xiaowan_bai » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:08 am

Hello VASP team,

I have the following error when I am compiling the vasp_gpu version. How can I solve this problem and what do you suggest?

hamil_gpu.F(205): error #6683: A kind type parameter must be a compile-time constant. [C_INTPTR_T]
INTEGER(c_intptr_t) CR1_GPU,CR2_GPU
------------^
hamil_gpu.F(206): error #6683: A kind type parameter must be a compile-time constant. [C_INTPTR_T]
INTEGER(c_intptr_t) CW1_GPU,CW2_GPU
------------^
hamil_gpu.F(207): error #6683: A kind type parameter must be a compile-time constant. [C_INTPTR_T]
INTEGER(c_intptr_t) SV_GPU
------------^
hamil_gpu.F(208): error #6683: A kind type parameter must be a compile-time constant. [C_INTPTR_T]
INTEGER(c_intptr_t) DATAKE_GPU
------------^
compilation aborted for hamil_gpu.f90 (code 1)
make[2]: *** [makefile:169: hamil_gpu.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/a1230066/software/vasp.5.4.4_modules/build/gpu'
cp: cannot stat 'vasp': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [makefile:142: all] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/a1230066/software/vasp.5.4.4_modules/build/gpu'
make: *** [makefile:10: gpu] Error 2

Than you for your help!

Best Regards,
Xiaowan

martin.schlipf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: vasp_gpu compile error

#2 Post by martin.schlipf » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:04 am

If you want to use VASP on a GPU, we advise to upgrade to VASP.6. Over the last few years, we spent a lot of effort to port larger parts of the code to run on GPUs. The old GPU port is no longer maintained because the new OpenACC port covers many more features. See here for more details.

That being said, if you really need to use the old version, please tell us the exact compilers you are using and upload the relevant makefile.include.