Photon enery range in RPA

Question on input files/tags, interpreting output, etc.

Please check whether the answer to your question is given in the VASP online manual or has been discussed in this forum previously!

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

gurudayal_behera

Photon enery range in RPA

#1 Post by gurudayal_behera » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:16 am

Hii Sir,
Please let me know how to choose the photon energy range to calculate the dielectric response function using the RPA method. Using the IPA method, I found that the total number of photon energies is 2001 points as I set NEDOS = 2001. But with the same NEDOS values when I did the RPA, I got only 100 photon energy points generated. Can you please explain how to increase and choose the photon energy range and step size to set the number of photon energy in RPA calculations?

Thanks in advance.

Best
Gurudayal Behera
IIT Bombay

alexey.tal
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Photon enery range in RPA

#2 Post by alexey.tal » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:16 am

Hi,

In the calculation of the RPA dielectric function, the frequencies grid is determined by the NOMEGA tag, which is 100 by default. The response function has to be calculated for every frequency which is quite computationally demanding. To optimize it, VASP uses a denser grid up to OMEGMAX and a sparser grid beyond that. A reasonable choice of NOMEGA is described on the wiki page, but generally it is a convergence parameter.

gurudayal_behera

Re: Photon enery range in RPA

#3 Post by gurudayal_behera » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:43 am

Thank You for response.