Question about the calculations of diffusion_coeffciency

Question on input files/tags, interpreting output, etc.

Please check whether the answer to your question is given in the VASP online manual or has been discussed in this forum previously!

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

jun_liu

Question about the calculations of diffusion_coeffciency

#1 Post by jun_liu » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:18 pm

Hello,

Regarding the calculation of the diffusion coefficient of Si using the method of ab initio molecular dynamics on VASPKIT (wiki/index.php/Liquid_Si_-_Freezing), the results I calculated according to the downloaded file did not match the results on the website. What is going on here? See attachment for calculation results.

Thanks!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ferenc_karsai
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Question about the calculations of diffusion_coeffciency

#2 Post by ferenc_karsai » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:12 pm

Usually the most likely source of error is, if one swaps steps or forgets to set a parameter.
Please send us your protocol of your calculational steps (but first please check it carefully yourself).

jun_liu

Re: Question about the calculations of diffusion_coeffciency

#3 Post by jun_liu » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:42 am

Hello,

As shown in the attachment, I wrote the INCAR batch parameters into the vasp.pbs file, and at the same time made corresponding changes to the 11th line in diffusion_coefficient.py: I changed the original "temp=re.sub("XDATCAR .",,sys.argv[1])" to "temp=re.sub(r'XDATCAR.',"",sys.argv[1])"; because according to the original script, my python2 cannot run this script. The remaining parameters are basically unchanged.

Best wishes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.