ALGO=ALL gives eigenvalues with wrong ordering

Question on input files/tags, interpreting output, etc.

Please check whether the answer to your question is given in the VASP online manual or has been discussed in this forum previously!

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

saeed_bahramy

ALGO=ALL gives eigenvalues with wrong ordering

#1 Post by saeed_bahramy » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:32 am

Hi,

I am trying to perform some slab calculations using METAGGA=MBJ. For convergence, I have tried quite a few settings, including ALGO=ALL, ALGO=D with small TIME step, ALGO=N with a small linear mixing factor, etc. So far, the only setting working is ALGO=ALL and LDIAG=.TRUE., however, the eigenvalues in this case are not properly orderd.

Apparently, I am not the only person having this problem. I have found similar questions on this forum and elsewhere, but no solution. I apprecite it if Admin or anyone else can explain how to fix this.

Thanks,
Saeed

rightsuman

Re: ALGO=ALL gives eigenvalues with wrong ordering

#2 Post by rightsuman » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:41 am

Did anyone get a solution to this issue?
I am also facing a similar problem with heterostructure mbj calculations that has vacuum. The band structure has noise but the overall characteristics are proper

henrique_miranda
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#3 Post by henrique_miranda » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:33 am

First a disclaimer: the MBJ functional is not very good at describing systems with a vacuum because of the definition of the functional itself.
There is recent work to address this issue: https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jctc.9b01147
This new functional, however, is still not implemented in VASP.

For the particular issue you are observing, could you share your INCAR, POSCAR, POTCAR and KPOINTS files?

rightsuman

#4 Post by rightsuman » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:12 pm

Hello Henrique,
Thanks for your reply. As the same consists of my ongoing work, can I send this to you over email?

henrique_miranda
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#5 Post by henrique_miranda » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:46 am

If you don't want to share the POSCAR you are working on maybe you find the same issue with a different POSCAR?