error in runtest script

Questions regarding the compilation of VASP on various platforms: hardware, compilers and libraries, etc.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

roger_amos1

error in runtest script

#1 Post by roger_amos1 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:59 am

One of the things the 'runtest' script is supposed to check for in the test suite, is the self-consistent GW energies.
It does not because it is searching the output for the string,

Code: Select all

/ band No.  DFT/
when it should be searching for

Code: Select all

/ band No. DFT/
i.e it has an extra space

merzuk.kaltak
Administrator
Administrator

Re: error in runtest script

#2 Post by merzuk.kaltak » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:33 am

Hello, which version of vasp are you referring to?
Also, could you upload some more information. For instance the stdout, OUTCAR, OUTCAR.ref including the gw_eigenvalues and gw_eigenvalues.ref files of a specific test.

henrique_miranda
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#3 Post by henrique_miranda » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:19 am

We confirmed that indeed the results of the scGW tests are not being checked in the current version of the test suite due to the problem you described.
We will fix this issue in the next release.
Thanks for the bug report!

robert_molt

#4 Post by robert_molt » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:10 am

Good evening,
I am new to VASP and am trying to ascertain if the error I find in test suite execution is an example of that which is cited in this thread. I observe that the following tests failed. Can someone corroborate if this is an example of the aforementioned? It would seem to make sense, given that all the observed errors all happen to be with GW. However, I am a neophyte, and have little ability to corroborate?

SUMMARY:

==================================================================

The following tests failed, please check the output file manually:

bulk_GaAs_G0W0_sym bulk_GaAs_G0W0_sym_RPR bulk_GaAs_scGW0_ALGO=D_sym bulk_GaAs_scGW0_ALGO=D_sym_RPR bulk_GaAs_scGW0_sym bulk_GaAs_scGW0_sym_RPR bulk_GaAs_scGW_ALGO=D_sym bulk_GaAs_scGW_ALGO=D_sym_RPR bulk_GaAs_scGW_sym bulk_GaAs_scGW_sym_RPR bulk_InP_SOC_G0W0_sym bulk_InP_SOC_G0W0_sym_RPR bulk_SiO2_LOPTICS bulk_SiO2_LOPTICS_RPR bulk_SiO2_LPEAD bulk_SiO2_LPEAD_RPR SiC8_GW0R Tl_x Tl_y Tl_z

henrique_miranda
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#5 Post by henrique_miranda » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:42 am

It is unlikely that this is the same problem as reported above.
Notice that the issue was that the eigenvalues for scGW calculations were not being compared to the reference ones.
That lead to the tests passing independently of the results being correct.

In your case, the tests are failing.
Perhaps you can create a new thread with a report of this error where you attach the log of running the test suite and also the OUTCAR of one of the tests that fail.